Drew handles the firm’s real estate, title, business planning, and international related projects. A graduate of the University of Alabama School of Law, he is the partner in our Gatehouse Atlanta office where he serves as of counsel to a national title agency and consults for a local EB-5 regional center with projects based in Alabama.
While in law school, Drew clerked for United States Senator Jeff Sessions on the Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington D.C., clerked for the Alabama Attorney General’s Office, and worked for a think-tank based in Alabama (whose President is now a United State Congressman). Drew was a member of Alabama’s award winning Trial Advocacy Team, served as Publication’s Editor of the Journal the Legal Profession, awarded the George Peach Taylor award for Trial Advocacy and inducted into the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society.
Drew serves as counsel for firms ranging from shipping and logistics, real estate, and technology companies. He has the distinction of structuring and executing on the offshoring of a United States financial institution to Hong Kong. He currently oversees commercial real estate transactions including SBA7a and 1031 transactions as well as represents a Chinese immigration agency regarding their investors’ denials of EB and L category immigration visas.
- Advising clients on forming and structuring new business ventures (domestic & international)
- Advising clients on pursuing and protecting intellectual property
- Advising clients on merging international entities
- Advising clients on purchasing a new business
- Advising Borrowers and Lenders on Small Business Administration guaranteed loans
- Constructing Trusts to protect assets
- Coordinating formation of Trusts to receive proceeds from real estate transaction
- Advising clients on succession planning involved when major asset is a closely held business
- Moving investment property to investment entities
- Performing closings for real estate investors