Collection of Personal Data
Two types of data may collected from you:
Personal information is information collected that may identify you. Personal information is only gathered as voluntarily provided by you. Some information may be gathered by other sources such as third-parties or affiliates.
When you register with the Site or submit an email to an attorney, Gatehouse will collect some personal data from you. In some instances, Gatehouse may gain access to some personal data through third-parties or affiliates. Some of the information that may be collected can include, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- information related to your current business well-being;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information required to verify your identity;
- supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Gatehouse, a credit check may be conducted by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law); and
- any other information you may provide.
Non-identifying information is anonymous information. This information is technical and is often gathered from analytics software for the Site. All such information is also subject to the Privacy Policies of the analytic services. Some of the information collected can include, but is not limited to:
- logs, contact information, and other information about the communications between registered users.
- information based on your activities on the Service, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the website, ad data, and IP address and standard web log information;
Any of the personal data collected will be used, primarily, to provide the services offered by Gatehouse in an effective and personalized manner. Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide services and customer support as requested, including confirming emails related to the website services, reminders and transactions.
- Facilitate communication between interested parties registered on the Site.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve the services and the Site.
- Keep you informed about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (There is an option to opt-out of email marketing communications)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in the products and services offered on the Site or otherwise by Gatehouse.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- To collect fees.
- To customize an initial consultation through the information provided.
- As otherwise described at the time of collection.
Gatehouse does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Gatehouse may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Subsidiaries and assigns of Gatehouse and affiliate members. Affiliates will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
- Parties to whom you grant permission for Gatehouse to share.
- Service providers under contract who help with the business operations of the Site; or
- As permitted by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
The Site may communicate and facilitate communications between users, with Gatehouse or its affiliates or subsidiaries through telephone, email, or other methods of communication. The Site may collect information related to such communication. You agree to such contact as may be described at the time of communication.
You may opt out of all nonessential (i.e., promotional or marketing-related) communications from Gatehouse. To remove your contact information from Gatehouse’s lists and newsletters, notify Gatehouse in the manner described in such communications. Sometimes, opting out of these communications may lead to you not receiving information you do desire. If you opt out of marketing-related contact and find you are not receiving information you are expecting, please contact Gatehouse to ensure you are receiving the information you desire.
Gatehouse or its service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of the Site. Permanent cookies help facilitate personalized features. Session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of the Site or browse to a different website, are used to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of the Site. Cookies can be blocked by changing the settings on your browser (contact your Internet Service Provider for help), but doing so may prevent delivery of certain services.
Gatehouse will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data. Gatehouse, however, makes no warranty or promise that your personal data or private communications will not be intercepted due to unauthorized access or disclosure.
The information contained in this Site is subject to change without notice.
© 2019 Gatehouse Law, LLC All rights reserved.
Gatehouse Law, LLC
2119 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Updated on August 3, 2019